Home, work and life organisation.
“As I unclutter my life, I free myself to answer the callings of my soul.” Wayne Dyre
Is your stuff getting on top of you? Does your organised chaos need some order? Would you like your home (and your mind) to feel calmer, clearer and more organised?
Welcome to Clear the Clutter. I love organising and I’m looking forward to working with you.
What I do
Following a complimentary chat and consultation when we will discuss the services you require and how long your decluttering or organising project will take. If you decide you’d like us to work together, I can help you:
- organise rooms to flow and function more easily
- clear out and organise your wardrobes and drawers
- sort and store toys, books, photos or anything else you need organising
- tackle your home or office paperwork
- sort out small but annoying areas such as cutlery drawers and bathroom cabinets
- devise storage solutions and optimise the space you have.
- label effectively
- destroy dumping grounds
- sort post, make appointments and manage small projects
- PA / concierge services
- determine what you need and what you can recycle, reuse, return or be rid of
- create long-term strategies to keep you clutter free
Tidy life = tidy mind is a cliché but it’s a cliché because it’s true! Organising and decluttering can mean that you need to get rid of stuff but look at the stuff it adds to your life:
- Time – an organised space means that you can find things more easily.
- Space – most people have enough storage space. Once you organise and declutter, you will be amazed at the additional space you can create.
- Clarity and focus – study after study has found that being surrounded by stuff and clutter takes its toll on your mind. A cluttered space can make you feel restless. When you organise a declutter, it literally takes a load off you mind making it easier to focus on other areas.
- Concentration – linked to the point above; less stuff to focus on improves your concentration.
- Improved sleep – it’s been proven that calm and organised space can clear the mind and improve quality and length of sleep.
- Better mood – at a very basic level, think about how much better you can feel about life in general if you tidy out a drawer or your wardrobe ( or is that just me??). Apply that feeling to a bigger space and you can see how getting organised improves your mood.
Why work with me?
Clear the Clutter’s clients are a mixed bunch. I help people wanting to move on after bereavement, people who are getting divorced, married or moving in with someone, people moving house, people downsizing, families moving loved ones into sheltered accommodation, people who are time poor and folks who need a bit of help with jobs or areas of their home or business that have got on top of them.
Some people are worried about the state of their home before I arrive. Please don’t be. I love helping to bring order and create calm. I don’t judge; I enable you to sort out your things and declutter your space.
Alternatively, I can support you to organise and declutter long distance by using Skype, Facetime, WhatsApp or phone.
I prefer to work with people to organise, declutter and create spaces they want to live or work in. By doing so, you will develop methods and strategies to maintain your space after I leave.
I’m also happy to be given a brief and continue alone so if there is an area of your home that you would like sorting and are able to instruct me, I can organise it for you.
Once you have contacted Clear the Clutter, we will organise a 20-minute free consultation to establish what you need and why you need it. Following that, I will come back to you with a plan detailing approximate timescales and costs. I charge £30 an hour and £35 an hour for weekend working.
I am happy to travel up to a 10 mile radius free of charge around my home in Cullercoats. Anything over that will be charged at 45p a mile. If I need to venture through the Tyne Tunnel, I will add the toll to the costs of the work.
Recycling, selling, donating, disposing
I can help you do all of the above if required. These services would be charged separately and we can discuss this as part of the initial consultation.
If you know somebody who needs and wants to “Clear the Clutter” – why not buy it for them? Clear the Clutter gift vouchers can be purchased in any denomination and can be posted or emailed to the lucky recipient.
- That really depends upon how much you want to do and your decision making process. It can be helpful to book a preliminary 3 – 4 hour session to tackle a room or a set of belongings and from that, you can decide if you’d like us to expand into other areas or you are equipped to go it alone.
- If you are very clear on how much you’d like to achieve, I will be able to give you a more definite timescale and therefore quote for the work.
- I’m very happy to work anywhere (decluttering needed in the Bahamas anyone?) but North Tyneside and particularly Cullercoats is my home and where my business is based. For that reason, I do add a mileage charge to any quotes for work which is more than 10 miles from Cullercoats. I will explain this as part of our preliminary consultation.
A couple of things:
- Have an open mind. Presumably you’ve got in touch with Clear the Clutter because you want to make a change so start to think about how you would like to feel at the end of the session and what you might be willing to let go of to make that change.
- Generally, I find that once sorted, most people have enough storage space and solutions so please don’t buy boxes or shelving in advance as this may only create more clutter. If you do need additional storage, we can discuss this as part of the work and agree on the best method.
· My favourite definition of an organiser and declutterer is” someone who supports evaluation, decision making and action around objects and space.” Therefore, I hope you will realise that I won’t “make” you do anything but will help you decide what is of value and adds purpose to your space and your life.
Yes, Clear the Clutter has both public liability and professional indemnity insurance. I am also a proud member of the Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers. Click the logo at the bottom of the page for more information.
How does clutter increase stress levels? Clutter isn’t often recognised as a source of stress but it can make a major impact on our health and wellbeing: As well as overtaking our physical space, clutter can overtake our minds as it causes our senses to work overtime to try to process what needs to be […]
One of the North East’s newest businesses is celebrating National Organising week with a new partnership. Clear the Clutter is a professional organising and decluttering company that helps people achieve order and space in their home or workspace. Cath Hindle set up the business earlier this year after recognising the organisation and people coaching skills […]
It’s now three months since my wardrobe was downsized by Clear The Clutter. I continue to be astounded by how much I still appreciate the impact this had on my life, way beyond the obvious benefits of having more room. Since July, I’ve identified the following six additional advantages of Cath’s work. I’ve kept it […]
Cath @ Clear the Clutter has helped me on numerous decluttering projects in my home. Often I am overwhelmed by the task at hand and / or have little time on my hands to do it myself. Cath provides a good value for money service and is professional and respectful of your ‘things’ whilst at the same time providing a swift action plan to get the job moving. Most of all I love the way all clutter is cleared in an ethical manner.
Thank you Cath @ clear the clutter.
Cath is superbly organised and tackled my disorganisation with complete enthusiasm and efficiency. She was professional and full of ideas to get things in order. I would highly recommend her work-it had great results for me.
Having struggled with clutter/hoarding all my life, I’d made some in roads myself in recent years. However the problem wasn’t going away. Recently I tried to force myself to empty my back bedroom, where I had boxes and piles of stuff that I couldn’t face (an insurmountable mountain of stuff to me). I knew I needed help but the thought of a friend or relative trying to ‘push’ me was stressful and embarrassing. In a moment of inspiration I googled ‘professional declutterer’. That’s how I met Cath. She arrived at 8am and I waved her off from the local recycling centre at 7pm. All done.
She is professional and calm. She understands what someone like me needs. No judgement, no lecture…just guidance. She drove the momentum and we didn’t stop. I knew I was ready and the pace and choices were dictated by me, but kept in place by her.
Seeing decades of old utility bills and other similar space-crushing stuff go to appropriate new homes (recycling or confidential waste) was massive. I have felt empowered to tackle a few little cubby holes ( eg the utility cupboard). I can manage the letters and junk coming through the door…because that’s all there is. I have a couple of box files with the essentials. And I have a realistic and achievable plan (and the space) to turn the back bedroom into a usable office and guest room.
Cath has the skills, energy, focus, insight and compassion to help you with whatever clutter is holding you back. I cannot recommend her enough. I was not embarrassed, because she was so clear in understanding how this problem develops. Friends and family are really pleased for me and glad I did this. Cath helped me achieve something that I haven’t (for decades) and was a burden that I tried to hide from myself and others. My problem was tiring and depressing and the relief is fantastic.
I might always struggle with hoarding issues…but I am much better equipped to control it and help myself. Go for it, why wait?”
Cath – you have sorted me out; removed my guilt; and smartened me up. It has quite honestly been revitalising and that feels fantastic. THANK YOU!
“Cath came into my life just at the right time. Things were piling up and gathering dust. Toys were everywhere and I had no systems or places for all my ‘stuff’. With two young children and as a single mum I needed help! A few hours with Cath at my house and I feel much more relaxed and organised now. I now have a tidy house and a relaxed mind! Brilliant! I’ll definitely be asking Cath to come back when I’m ready to tackle the upstairs!”
“I am one of those people who doesn’t think they’re a hoarder, but I have come to realise that maybe I am! I just put things in piles and tell myself to sort them out later. Sadly later never comes for me and the piles sit there gathering dust.
Enter Cath. She was like a breath of fresh air for me. She immediately worked out a system for how we’d tackle the ground floor of my house. She considered how we lived in the spaces and worked out how it’d best work for us. She suggested one room for all the toys, and asked me to clear out some boxes of things that I no longer used, and reallocated then as toy storage boxes. All feels so much more orderly now and the kids love being able to go and take toys out from their boxes – and putting them away again!
We ended up after 5 hours with items to throw, items to give away, items to sell and items to store for later. Cath’s philosophy was don’t put anything in the loft unless you are genuinely keeping it for a purpose, or for kids when they’re bigger. Otherwise it’ll stay there until you move house. I’m sure she’s right. Cath was quite brilliant and has left me with a tidier house, and a calmer mind. I’ll definitely be getting her back soon!”